Conferences are a wellspring of networking and learning opportunities. But they also offer a unique and invaluable chance for businesses to promote themselves through various marketing tools. One such tool that has proven to be effective time and again is the humble pen. Pens are a cost-effective, functional, and impactful form of advertising. They can keep your brand at the fingertips of potential customers long after the conference has ended.
In this blog post, we will walk you through the steps to use pens effectively for advertising at conferences.
1. Understanding the Basics: Why Pens?
Pens have a few significant advantages that make them an excellent choice for conference marketing:
- Utility: Pens are everyday items that almost everyone uses. Giving away a pen increases the chances of your brand being seen regularly.
- Portability: Pens are lightweight and easy to carry, making them more likely to be taken home and used, thus ensuring continued visibility for your brand.
- Cost-effectiveness: Pens are usually less expensive than many other promotional items.
- Variety: Pens come in various shapes, sizes, and designs, allowing you to customize them to fit your brand image.
2. Choosing the Right Pen
Not all pens are created equal, and the type of pen you choose can impact its effectiveness.
- Quality: Ensure the pens write well and are durable. A pen that stops working after a few uses won't leave a good impression of your brand.
- Design: Opt for a design that aligns with your brand identity. This could involve selecting a specific color scheme, style, or even a pen type (ballpoint, gel, fountain, etc.).
- Uniqueness: Consider going for pens with unique features, like stylus tips for touch screens or built-in flashlights. These can make your pens more memorable.
3. Designing Your Pen: What to Include
Your pens should carry key details about your company, but remember that space is limited. Here's what to include:
- Logo: Your logo is the visual representation of your brand. It should be prominently displayed on the pen.
- Company Name: This should be clear and easy to read.
- Contact Information: This could be your website, phone number, or email address. Choose the one that you think will be most effective for your target audience.
4. Distribution: Making the Most of Your Pens
You've got your branded pens, but how do you get them into the hands of potential customers or partners? Here are a few suggestions:
- Hand them out in person: This not only gives you a chance to make a personal connection, but also allows you to explain more about your business.
- Include them in registration bags: Most conferences provide a bag of materials upon registration. Including your pen ensures that every attendee gets one.
- Leave them at common areas: Tables in networking or eating areas are prime spots to leave pens.
5. Evaluating Success: How Effective Were Your Pens?
It's crucial to assess the success of your pen campaign to refine future efforts. You can do this by:
- Asking for feedback: Reach out to individuals who received your pens and ask for their thoughts.
- Monitoring contact: If you included a specific phone number or email on your pens, monitor these channels for an increase in inquiries.
- Using unique URLs or QR codes: These can track the traffic coming specifically from your pens.
By leveraging pens as advertising tools at conferences, you're not just giving out a handy writing tool—you're creating a lasting impression that keeps your brand in potential customers' minds. So the next time you're preparing for a conference, don't forget the power of the pen!