Planning a wedding? Then you realize how special this day is. You also realize that you want to make it as memorable as possible.
But you don't want your wedding day to be memorable for just you and your spouse. Your guests are your valued friends and family and you want to thank them properly for attending your wedding.
Also, no one wants to attend a boring wedding. While there are many ways to create a day no one will soon forget, one easy way to provide a lasting memory is by giving out great wedding favors.
But there are tons of possibilities when it comes to choosing a wedding favor. Luckily, we've compiled a list of 21 wedding favors that your guests will love.
How to Pick Great Wedding Favors
Picking out wedding favors doesn't have to be hard, but whatever you choose, your guests should enjoy and love it.
Otherwise, you've just spent a lot of money on what will turn out to be expensive trash. Since weddings are already pretty expensive, it makes sense to choose a great gift that won't blow out your budget.
Here are some things to consider before making a decision:
- Think Logically: While you may think handing out individual orchids is a fabulous idea, not everyone wants to tend to them. Choose something most guests will enjoy and actually use.
- Don't Over Personalize Your Gifts: Will anyone really wear a t-shirt with a photo of the two of you on your wedding day? It's okay to personalize your gifts, just try not to go overboard.
- Try It First: Especially if it's food related. Make sure whatever it is, it tastes good or works how it's supposed to before you place an order.
So now that you have a better idea of what makes a good wedding favor, let's get to our favorites.
Everyone loves donuts. They make perfect wedding favors.
They also come in a ton of different flavors so it's possible to offer guests a variety of donuts.
The great part is that you can personalize the donut box for your wedding. Bonus points to any guest who manages to leave your wedding with a full box of donuts left!
2. Flip Flops
Let's face it, women tend to wear high heels to weddings. Which means their feet start to hurt pretty quickly.
What better way to ensure your guests stay longer by providing them with fun, but comfortable footwear?
Just make sure you:
- Have assorted sizes available
- Have your wedding in a warm climate
The possibilities for candy as a wedding favor is endless. Candy has and always will be a favorite for wedding favors. Best of all, there's a ton of candy to choose from.
You'll also be able to personalize the packaging. In some cases, you'll even be able to personalize the candy, too.
You can choose one type of candy or an assortment. Some wedding couples even choose to provide their guests with their favorite childhood candy.
Popcorn as wedding favors is always a favorite.
- Can personalize the packaging
- Almost everyone likes popcorn
- Assorted flavors to choose from
If you're really on a budget, you can pop the popcorn yourself.
5. Personalized Wine or Champagne Bottle
Handing out a bottle of wine or champagne at your wedding with a personalized label is classy. It's also memorable.
It's also a gift most people really appreciate. Also, the more wine or champagne you purchase, the more of a discount you should receive from the supplier.
Just make sure you like the type of wine or champagne you're handing out, first.
Also, if you choose to hand out wine bottles, consider adding an inexpensive corkscrew so your guests can actually open the wine.
For those who don't wish to serve alcohol, give out sparkling wines, ciders, or water as wedding favors.
6. Custom Spice Blend
Love never smelled so good! It's so easy to create your own blend of spices and herbs to hand out to your guests as wedding favors.
Here are some ideas:
- Herbal spice blends: Great to place in personalized mason jars for aromatherapy
Edible spice blends: These blends are perfect for personalizing your wedding. You can choose spices known for your cultural region, dessert based spices, or even healthier spice blends.
You can also personalize the spice bottle. This is the perfect gift that will continue to be used and enjoyed long after your wedding day is over.
Personalized bottles of hot sauce is also a fun wedding favor idea.
7. Chocolate Anything
Chocolate is a popular choice for wedding favors. Why? Because chocolate tastes good.
There are also a lot of choices you can make with chocolate. Such as
- Go Fancy: Chocolate truffles are a delectable wedding favor choice that adds class to any event.
- Be Inventive: A chocolate dipped fortune cookie is a great way to send a nice message to your guests
- Personalize: You can easily personalize the chocolate wrappers
Don't forget that chocolate covered fruit and nuts are also popular and tasty choices for wedding favors.
8. Herbal Wreath
This is a gift that keeps giving long after the wedding day has passed. Herbal wreaths not only smell amazing, but you can use them in your cooking, too!
Think making these wreaths is difficult or time-consuming? Think again, they're surprisingly easy to make.
9. Small Plants
While herbal wreaths may be easy to make, they still take time. That's why giving small plants as your wedding favors may be a better idea for time-strapped couples.
- Easy to carry - Herbal wreaths must be handled delicately. A small plant can be held firmly by the pot, making for easy transport.
- Plenty of options with what types of plants to choose - Loved the herbal wreath idea but wasn't sold on the DIY? You can hand out small pots of herbs instead.
- Can attach a personalized note that includes care instructions for the plant
- Plants can last for years when cared for properly
Recipes are a great idea.
You can either share the great recipes you've collected over the years or ask family members to include one or two of their favorite recipes for the book.
It's a great way to share memories and your love of good food.
Creating your own recipe book is actually easy to make and you can personalize the cover any way you want.
11. Olive Oil
Most people cook with olive oil on a regular basis. So a bottle of nice olive oil is a great gift. It's also a healthy gift choice to provide to health-conscious guests.
Try infusing your olive oil with different types of herbs and spices for added flavor.
You can also personalize the label like you can with wine and champagne.
Everyone loves salsa. You can make it as spicy or mild as you wish. It's a DIY gift that everyone will enjoy.
You can also make your own variety. Try using different combinations of fruits and veggies that your guests will keep talking about.
Think your options are limited with salsa? Think again, here are just a few types of salsa you can make:
Honey is a healthy and tasty treat to give out as wedding favors.
It also lasts forever. Literally. If you found honey that was 2,000 years old, it would probably still be edible. So it's a great gift because you know it won't go bad anytime soon and it's easy to store.
Try buying locally sourced honey. It will taste better and the environment will thank you.
14. Jams and Jelly
Homemade gifts are always appreciated. Especially when it's jam or jelly. It's a breakfast condiment that's enjoyed by many.
Also, if your guests have kids, this is a gift they'll be able to share with their children.
There are plenty of types of jams and jellies you can make:
Marmalade is also a wonderfully yummy gift idea.
Guests can also reuse the jars so don't forget to personalize them.
There are several different ways you can personalize a cookie. The first is by picking out what kind of cookie represents the two of you as a couple.
Are you two sugary sweet? Maybe sugar cookies are a great choice. What if you both are a little spicy? Try pumpkin spice cookies.
Here are a few more ways to personalize cookies:
- Edible message on the cookie
- Cookies in a jar with a message about how sweet you think your guests are
- Cookie mix in a jar - let them do their own baking, you just supply them with the dry ingredients
- Cookies in a bag - Personalize the bag or box with a special message
- Holiday cookies - Different cookies are best during different times of the year. Getting married near Christmas? Try an assortment of your favorite Christmas cookies.
16. Tea or Coffee
Try giving out a personalized bag of coffee to your guests. At least they won't fall asleep at your wedding!
They'll also be able to enjoy and use the coffee until it runs out. Include the flavor of coffee so you won't be inundated with questions on where to get the coffee from your happily caffeinated guests.
Another great idea for wedding favors is placing an assortment of teas in a personalized bag. You can choose a selection of different teas or just one signature flavor.
Try including a heart shaped tea cozy along with the gift.
17. Picture Frames
No need to include a wedding photo, but it might encourage your guests to place your wedding photo into the picture frame.
You can easily have the frame engraved with your names or simply your wedding date. Or you can choose to not personalize this gift at all.
Either way, a simple but classy picture frame will always be a useful gift.
18. Personalized Glasses
With personalized glasses as your wedding favors, you have options.
Luckily at a wedding, you usually know your guests well enough to know their drinking habits.
So which would work best for your guests?
- Personalized Shot Glasses: Your names and/or date of your wedding can go on a shot glass
- Personalized Wine Glass: Hand out two wine glasses to each guest, one that represents you, the other your spouse. A heart on one glass and a bow tie on another glass is a great way to keep your special day going
- Personalized Beer Mug: A beer mug is large enough to design your own personalized message. Choose a theme that best represents you both as a couple. Have it engraved on your beer mugs
19. Fresh Fruit
While candy, chocolate, and cookies are all tasty treats. None of them are very healthy choices.
But fruit sure is. So if you're looking to offer your guests a healthy alternative, fruit is a great idea.
Best of all, there are plenty of ways to personalize fruit.
- Personalized stickers - Hand out apples, pears, and oranges with personalized wedding stickers on them
- Small personalized bags - Place a nice message on or in the bag and then fill it with grapes, or raisins, or strawberries
- Baskets - A simple message saying, "Thank you for coming, please enjoy some fruit is an easy way to provide fresh snacks with minimum effort
To save on costs, buy locally and choose fruits that are in season.
20. Pet Treats
Let's face it, we love our animals. So it makes sense that we want them in our lives, even at weddings. However, sometimes dogs don't make the best wedding guests.
But they do make great treats as wedding favors!
You can put them in a personalized doggy bag or simply have a tag tied to them with a short message. Either way, your guests and their pets will enjoy your treats and remember you fondly.
21. Personalized Pens
There are so many reasons why a personalized pen is a perfect gift for any occasion.
Here are a few of our favorites:
- Gender neutral
- Available in different colors
- Personalized message options
- You know you'll have a pen available when it's time to sign your marriage license
Personalized pens make great gifts for any occasion, whether it's your wedding day or your baby shower. Get your custom quote on personalized pens today.